A bodycam footage of a San Diego deputy collapsing from a fentanyl overdose went viral after he was exposed to the drug. However, some specialists questioned whether exposure could cause such a reaction.
The San Diego County Sheriff’s Department published video of the July 3 event on Thursday, August 5, sending a warning signal about how deadly fentanyl may be.
Join The True Defender Telegram Chanel Here: https://t.me/TheTrueDefender
According to body-worn camera footage provided by police, Deputy David Faiivae fell after being exposed to the drug while on routine patrol. Corp. His training officer, Scott Crane, offered him naloxone to counteract the effects of the drug.
“My name is Deputy David Faiivae, and I was almost killed by a fentanyl overdose,” Faiivae cried.
“Thank you for taking the time to share this video. The bodycam film could save your son, daughter, friend, or loved one’s life, according to Sheriff Bill Gore.
Corp. Faiivae, Faiivae’s training officer, was present at the critical time of near-death for Faiivae. Scott Crane, who was adamant about not giving up on him.
“You’re OK. Don’t apologise…. OK, I’ve got you. “In the footage, Crane states. “I’m not going to let you die,” says the narrator. “I will not let you perish.”
"I GOT YOU. I'M NOT GOING TO LET YOU DIE." A San Diego deputy was processing narcotics during an arrest when he was exposed to fentanyl. He immediately collapsed and overdosed with his eyes rolling back. Thankfully, his partner was there to help. https://t.co/JEQVHR9l9Q pic.twitter.com/La67bF4IoW
— KSBW Action News 8 (@ksbw) August 6, 2021
While the agency intended to publicize the tragic event in order to increase awareness, several specialists were skeptical, claiming that such overdose risks were unattainable.
This item sells for $39.95 on Amazon. Today's special promotion is offering a massive discount on this item. President Trump 2020 Coin (Gold & Silver Plated) - Claim 1 Free OR Claim a Discount + Free Shipping This coin is a symbol of President Trump's victory and success. Get Coin HERE Or Click on the image below.
“It’s impossible to overdose on fentanyl just by touching it. According to NBC News, Ryan Marino, medical director for toxicology and addiction at University Hospitals in Cleveland, said, “It doesn’t just get into the air and cause people to overdose.”
“We have a lot of scientific evidence and a thorough understanding of chemical laws and how these drugs function that shows this is impossible,” researchers said. They also claimed that an airborne overdose could only occur if there was a lot of fentanyl and a long duration of exposure.
“I appreciate you taking the time to share this video with us. According to Sheriff Bill Gore, the bodycam footage could save your son, daughter, friend, or loved one’s life.
Corp. Faiivae’s training officer, Faiivae, was present at Faiivae’s near-death experience. Scott Crane was sure that he would not give up on him.
“You’re OK. Please don’t apologize…. Okay, I’ve got you covered. Crane says, “In the footage.” The narrator declares, “I’m not going to let you die.” “I’m not going to let you die.”
According to the peer-reviewed Journal of Emergency Medical Services, “victims complain of a variety of nonspecific symptoms including dizziness, anxiety, fatigue, dyspnea, nausea, vomiting, and syncope.” Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid similar to morphine, but it can be 50 to 100 times stronger, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
Sheila P. Vakharia, the Drug Policy Alliance’s deputy director of research and academic engagement, said the scene of Deputy Faiivae’s reaction did not match what she knew about opioid overdoses.
“It’s apparent that the trainee was terrified and nervous,” says the expert.
Meanwhile, Lt. Amber Braggs, a sheriff’s spokesperson, maintained that officer Faiivae’s behavior is consistent with that outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) was notified of a rare skin or airborne exposure.
Braggs told NBC News that Deputy Faiivae was exposed to Fentanyl and subsequently fainted and couldn’t breathe. “He had all of the symptoms of an opioid overdose. He began to breathe again when Naloxone was administered.” Fentanyl is one of the most significant drug concerns in San Diego County, with fentanyl fatalities in California increasing by 46% in only the previous year.
According to Fox4 New, Sheriff Bill Gore stated, “Fentanyl overdoses are on the rise throughout our county.” “Every day, deputies recover fentanyl in our neighborhoods, and the risks of this narcotic are not limited to the county jails.”