Dr. Laura Berman, a host, author, and relationship expert experienced something no one would want to imagine.
On February 7, her 16-year-old son, Samuel, got in touch with a drug dealer and bought fentanyl-laced drugs.
After their consumption, Samuel died, stated Berman.
Join The True Defender Telegram Chanel Here: https://t.me/TheTrueDefender
KPNX-TV shared the statement of Berman for NBC News. “I went into his room because we had been talking about an internship … and he was on the floor,”
Even though Samuel was constantly tested for marihuana and passing, he found the connection to the dealer, and he didn’t even have to leave his home to get the drugs. It is something terrible for today’s parents.
Berman posted on social media: “My beautiful boy is gone,”
“16 years old. Sheltering at home. A drug dealer connected with him on Snapchat and gave him fentinyl laced Xanax, and he overdosed in his room.’’
“They do this because it hooks people even more and is good for business, but it causes overdose, and the kids don’t know what they are taking. My heart is completely shattered, and I am not sure how to keep breathing.’’
“I post this now only so that not one more kid dies. We watched him so closely. Straight A student. Getting ready for college. Experimentation gone bad. He got the drugs delivered to the house.’’
“Please watch your kids and WATCH SNAPCHAT especially. That’s how they get them.”
The father of the dead boy said that until February 7, there had “never been a hard drug in our house that we were aware of until this Snapchat dealer met my son online.”
“He had plans and dreams,”- the father continued. “He was a good student and a great friend to his fellow students.”
The spokesperson for Snapchat, Rachel Racusen, shared that their social media platform doesn’t tolerate the users who use the platform for selling illegal drugs.
“We are committed to working together with law enforcement in this case and in all instances where Snapchat is used for illegal purposes,” Racusen declared.
“We are constantly improving our technological capabilities to detect drug-related activity so that we can intervene proactively. If you witness illegal behavior on Snapchat, please use our in-app tools to report it quickly and confidentially, so we can take action.’’ –she continued.
“We have no higher priority than keeping Snapchat a safe environment, and we will continue to invest in protecting our community.” – Snapchat spokeswoman concluded.
Dr. Berman created a group named ‘’parents for Safer Children’’, and its members are parents who similarly lost their children. There, the grieving parents solace and support each other to somehow move on with their lives.