According to reports on Friday, Rudy Giuliani, the former New York City mayor, federal prosecutor, and Trump’s lawyer, has been forbidden from appearing on any Fox News programs.
According to Politico, a close source said, “Rudy is genuinely hurt.” The ban began roughly three months ago.
Join The True Defender Telegram Chanel Here: https://t.me/TheTrueDefender
“As if that wasn’t bad enough, the ‘9/11 mayor’ learnt of his expulsion…on the eve of September 11,” Politico Playbook reported.
On the 20th anniversary of the attack, Giuliani was scheduled to appear on “Fox & Friends.” But, the night before, host PETE HEGSETH called Giuliani to apologize for being fired from the show.
The prohibition does not only apply to GIULIANI, but also to his son ANDREW, who has not been on Fox News since launching his campaign for governor of New York in May, despite numerous requests. Rep. LEE ZELDIN, a rival GOP gubernatorial contender, has been a frequent visitor, which has irritated his campaign.
According to insiders, bookers have notified both Giulianis that the prohibition comes from the top. The former mayor of New York City had been a regular on the network.
— Martin Walsh (@RealWalsh_) September 24, 2021
“He was instrumental in putting Fox on Time Warner so it could be watched in New York City,” the person who said the older Giuliani is “hurt” by the decision went on to tell Political Playbook.
“In 1996, Giuliani’s administration lobbied Time Warner to carry the newly founded Fox News Channel, participating in a conflict between Murdoch and the cable provider,” according to the news site.
It’s unclear why Guiliani was barred, but it could be related to a lawsuit filed by Dominion Voting Systems, which claims that the company’s software and computers “moved votes” from then-President Donald Trump to then-Democratic presidential contender Joe Biden in the post-2020 election. The voting machine company has also sued Fox News for allowing guests like Giuliani to appear on the network to spread the theories, though the network has moved to have the suit dismissed on the grounds that “Dominion failed to show the network acted in malice, the legal standard for proving defamation,” according to Politico Playbook.
“Giuliani has contended that his allegations regarding Dominion were ‘substantially true,’ while admitting that he doesn’t understand how the company’s voting software works,” according to Business Insider.
Others in Giuliani’s circle, on the other hand, have had problems booking on Fox:
After being a frequent on Fox, Giuliani’s former police commissioner, BERNIE KERIK, who also advocated electoral theories, has had difficulties gaining time on the network.
Despite being a key role in the aftermath of the attacks, he only appeared live on the network once on Sept. 11 – on JESSE WATTERS’ show. According to a source familiar with the situation, Kerik complained in a letter to Fox Business Network President LAUREN PETTERSON.
According to a Fox News source, Kerik was also scheduled to appear on “Fox & Friends” on September 11 but had to cancel due to logistical concerns. The network would not comment on Giuliani’s employment situation.
In a statement to Playbook, Kerik stated, “I could not have been more unhappy with the Fox coverage on the 20th anniversary of September 11.” “Then they opted to deliberately disregard Mayor Giuliani, who was and has been America’s hero on the day and in the wake of the attack, according to their own coverage for the past two decades. Whatever the explanation, I believe this was yet another example of Fox’s caving to the far left.”
Other former senior Trump officials have had problems getting on the network as well, with one notable exception: Stephen Miller, who served as one of the former president’s top aides on matters including as immigration and border security.