New Details Released About The Apparent Suicide of The Reporter Christopher Sign

We reported over the weekend that Christopher Sign, the reporter who broke the story about Bill Clinton meeting with Loretta Lynch on a tarmac in Phoenix in 2016, had died in an apparent suicide. The coroner has now given new information concerning his death.

Sign, 45, was discovered dead in his Hoover home at 8:14 a.m. on Saturday, June 12, 2021, according to the Jefferson County Coroner/Medical Examiner’s Office. According to The Trussville Tribune, the coroner’s report revealed that Sign was discovered deceased by family members. The cause of death has not been announced, however Hoover Police suspect it was a suicide.

Join The True Defender Telegram Chanel Here: https://t.me/TheTrueDefender

“To know Chris was to love Chris,” declared ABC 33/40 in a statement on Saturday, where Sign worked before his death. “His family was the most important thing in his life, which is why, four years ago, he returned to ABC 33/40.”

“In our newsroom, Chris was a fantastic leader,” ABC 33/40 continued. “On a daily level, he collaborated with our reporting crew, but he also worked behind the scenes with the I-Team and news managers on major event coverage.”

In a statement of his own, ABC 33/40 Vice President and General Manager Eric Land paid tribute to Sign, adding,

“Our heartfelt condolences go out to Christopher’s loved family and close friends. We have lost a cherished colleague whose indelible stamp will live on as a symbol of decency, honesty, and journalistic integrity for all time. All we can do now is hope to continue his legacy. May the remembrance of his life be a blessing.”

In 2016, Sign was the reporter who broke the story of Clinton and Lynch meeting covertly on a tarmac. Their conversation was thought to be about an ongoing investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server while Secretary of State.

According to the Daily Mail, both Clinton and Lynch tried to present the call as a casual talk, but eyebrows were raised when the FBI decided not to press criminal charges against Hillary, who was in the midst of her presidential campaign, just a few days later.

After emails were discovered on a laptop belonging to Anthony Weiner, the former congressman and spouse of senior Clinton adviser Huma Abedin, the probe was reopened less than two weeks before the 2016 presidential election.

In late October, then-FBI Director James Comey delivered a letter to Congress announcing the reopening of the investigation, which was then terminated just two days before the election. Hillary was defeated in the election.



Margaret Taylor

Experienced communications professional with 10 years of experience in international journalism.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

For continue reading on the site please disable the Ad-block