They cancelled $9 million in convoy’s account- but Give Send Go was there to save the day.
Join The True Defender Telegram Chanel Here: https://t.me/TheTrueDefender
GoFundMe has been holding funds raised from the Freedom Convoy truckers for days, saying they were checking to “ensure it complies with our terms of service” as well as “applicable laws and regulations.”
As of Friday afternoon, they announced in a statement that they’ve taken down the fundraiser, which has amassed over $10 million. Approximately $1 million was released last week, meaning the company is withholding $9 million contributed by supporters.
“Following a review of relevant facts and multiple discussions with local law enforcement and city officials,” the statement read, “this fundraiser is now in violation of our Terms of Service (Term 8, which prohibits the promotion of violence and harassment) and has been removed from the platform.”
The company continued, saying they “now have evidence from law enforcement that the previously peaceful demonstration has become an occupation, with police reports of violence and other unlawful activity.”
The statement said that the first $1 million released had a “clear distribution plan,” and that organizers “confirmed funds would be used only for participants who travelled to Ottawa to participate in a peaceful protest.”
“Given how this situation has evolved,” the statement said, “no further funds will be directly distributed to the Freedom Convoy organizers — we will work with organizers to send all remaining funds to credible and established charities verified by GoFundMe.”It’s unclear why the company wouldn’t automatically refund the money people intended to go to a specific place. When Red Voice Media contacted GoFundMe for further explanation, we noticed that one of the first subjects you can click to get help with is: “Can’t donate to Freedom Convoy 2022.”