A contractor was there assessing things just 36 hours before the Champlain Towers collapsed, and he captured some damning images that confirm the hypothesis that the leaky pool was at the core of the catastrophe.
This new revelation comes after a contractor supplied images of the moist basement area, massive concrete fissures, and substantial corrosion that he took.
Join The True Defender Telegram Chanel Here: https://t.me/TheTrueDefender
The lobby and pool area at Champlain Towers South condo seemed clean and well maintained to a commercial pool contractor who visited the property last Tuesday, only 36 hours before half of the building abruptly collapsed, according to the Miami Herald.
Then he noticed the garage in the basement.
This item sells for $39.95 on Amazon. Today's special promotion is offering a massive discount on this item. President Trump 2020 Coin (Gold & Silver Plated) - Claim 1 Free OR Claim a Discount + Free Shipping This coin is a symbol of President Trump's victory and success. Get Coin HERE Or Click on the image below.
And that’s when everything started to shift…
The contractor, who did not want to be identified, told the Miami Herald, “There was standing water all over the parking garage.” Under the pool, he noticed cracked concrete and heavily corroded rebar.
He snapped pictures as well, which he shared with the Herald.
Last week, the contractor came to the condo complex to put together a bid for cosmetic pool restoration as well as new pool equipment — just a small part of the multimillion-dollar restoration project that had just begun at the 40-year-old structure.
The contractor, who described himself as “shocked” by the lack of “maintenance” behind the scenes, told the condo official with him that the situation appeared to be serious.
Furthermore, the contractor stated that the deepest puddle of standing water was seen near parking place 78… which is positioned just beneath the pool deck.
All of that water, which had been leaking for who knows how long, could have transformed the concrete into mush.
Because, according to a 2018 inspection report, there was a “significant fault” in the initial design, which allowed water entry and caused serious damage to the structural concrete slabs underneath.